We are seeking an amazing ambassador to bring unparalleled expertise to our SAP transformation projects. Our Project Managers are a critical component of our organization in driving a positive customer experience resulting in high customer satisfaction. Your superpower? You’re as comfortable leading projects and teams as you are diving into the details of workstreams and configuring SAP solutions.
The SAP Project Manager plays a key role on the delivery team. Project Managers are accountable for the end-to-end quality of SAP projects delivered by the teams. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring projects meet scope, timeline, milestone, and budget expectations through planning, executing, controlling, and closing projects. As a Project Manager, you will lead a delivery team that may consist of technology
architects, consultants, analysts, specialists, and/or third-party vendor teams (offshore).
You have at least 10 years of experience in SAP and at least 5 years of experience in managing a SAP (Finance/Financials and Supply Chain/Logistics) team. Proven track record in SAP S4 HANA is a plus for this role.
Experience & Technical Expertise Requirements
- Ensure projects are implemented with full adherence to agreed Project Management Methodology, and any customer project governance requirements and audit follow-up.
- Build project plans, kickoff projects, run status meetings, and maintain communications to keep all stakeholders informed throughout project.
- Track and manage project activities like: Schedule Management, Cost Management, Risk & Issues Management, Meeting Management and Change Management (support any project reporting activities).
- Actively manage project escalations to resolution.
- Solicit feedback from customers, delivery resources, and any other stakeholders to provide input for lessons learned.
- Coach, mentor, train and otherwise support other PMO Team members in the fulfilment of their project support functions, where applicable.
- Monitor and manage team goals and performance
- Travel for projects, corporate events, and/or other events as needed (estimated at 50%).
- Manage client and team members onsite and remotely
- Experience in managing customer facing projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate, communicate and manage tasks with short turnaround deadlines
- Ability to inspire project team members, yet maintain achievement of deliverables within the target timelines
- Ability to establish priorities, to plan, and be able to deliver according to timelines
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and problem-solving approach
- Ability to facilitate and direct meetings towards a positive outcome
- Manage project teams with members in multiple geographies and time zones
- Experience implementing solutions using Agile methodology is a plus
- Established leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience supporting the sales cycle, including responding to Requests for Proposals, presentations to
clients, and contributing to the creation of Statements of Work
- Experience in Greenfield implementation
- Participation in all phases of at least 3 full life cycle SAP implementations
- Functional/technical proficiency with SAP – ECC or S/4 HANA (Success Factors, Concur, Ariba)
- Strong domain knowledge and delivery experience in at least one SAP module
- Experience scoping, planning, and delivering SAP projects as a team lead or integration manager
Employment & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Computer Science, or another relevant field.
- Certified Project Management Professional or equivalent formal certification (PMP preferred).
- 10 years of consulting experience and 5 years of experience in a project management role on SAP projects in a consulting firm environment.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time; while travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.
- Work authorization: United States (Required) – no sponsorship.
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent contract, limited travel in the US.
How to apply
Respond to this posting or send your CV/resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org