We are seeking an amazing ambassador to bring unparalleled expertise to our digital transformation projects. Our Senior Consultants are a critical component of our organization in driving a positive customer experience resulting in high customer satisfaction.
The Senior UNIX Consultant will respond to our clients’ needs to maintain their UNIX infrastructure, as well as the technical layers of the system including storage and visualization. TeamWork Consultants not only lead with their expertise but are also always on the lookout for ways to develop and deepen their technical skills.
As a critical part of the Infrastructure team, you will support the operational activity of our clients with the support of the teams of our various Managed Services Centers around the world.
- Ensure the Maintenance in Operational Condition (MOC) for the environments of our various clients (both globally and locally)
- Manage Level 2 and 3 incidents, changes and problems
- Intervene in and manage the evolution of Infrastructure projects
- Resolve incidents with the help of external support if necessary, while respecting the contractual deadlines in place
- Update the documentation repository
- Available for on-call and weekend interventions
EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL EXPERTISE REQUIREMENTS
- 6+ years in Systems & Infrastructure Administration (Unix/Linux)
- Expertise with IBM technologies: Power Systems, FlashSystems/Storwize
- Expertise with Unix/Linux operating systems: AIX, RedHat, SUSE
- Day-to-day level 3 support in a Unix/Linux environment
- Proactive monitoring and maintenance of infrastructure systems
- Resolution of incidents raised by end users or monitoring tools
- Management, approval and implementation of technical changes
- Experience preparing technical documentation and reports
- Tenured knowledge of storage (SAN) and backup technologies (Commvault, Spectrum Protect)
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS/Azure) is a plus
- Experience with monitoring tools (Centreon/Nagios) is a plus
- Deep understanding of databases (Oracle, MySQL) and ITIL processes
EMPLOYMENT & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or another relevant field
- Relevant and current Unix/Linux certifications
- Critical observation and problem–solving techniques
- Teamwork, responsibility, and adaptability
- Demonstrate autonomy, trustworthiness, and good interpersonal skills
- Work authorization: United States (Required) – no sponsorship.
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent contract, limited travel in the US.
How to apply
Respond to this posting or send your CV/resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org